Get Active With a Curated Fitness Program
It's never too late to put your mental and physical health first. Larkspur at Creekside in New Braunfels, TX is the area's premier retirement community. We offer exceptional resort-like amenities, including a senior fitness center. Our staff and instructors can help create a fitness program that will stimulate your mind and improve the core functions of your body for better living. Staying active offers numerous physical and mental health benefits. Our fitness programs are designed with seniors in mind. Learn more about our senior fitness program and speak with one of our staff today to discover how you can become an active community member.
Discover the Benefits of Our Senior Fitness Center
It's no secret that staying active is critical to a healthier and happier lifestyle, even when you've reached retirement age. At Larkspur at Creekside, we've cultivated a supportive and vibrant community of residents who encourage one another to achieve greater mental and physical heights. Learn more about the benefits of becoming a part of our community and joining our fitness programs:
- Meet New Residents – Joining a fitness class is one of the easiest ways to meet a wide range of like-minded residents. Create friendships that last a lifetime.
- Improved Mental Health – Numerous studies have linked physical health to overall mental well-being. Not only will our fitness program help you socially and physically, but you'll also see improvement in mood and cognitive function.
- Better Mobility – As we age, mobility becomes an issue and can even lead to trip and fall accidents. By moving your joints and improving flexibility, you'll experience fewer accidents and improved coordination.
- Weight Loss – Whether you're trying to lose or maintain your current weight, the right physical fitness program and proper dieting will help you see the desired results.
- Chronic Ailments – Members with chronic injuries, disabilities, or ailments face numerous challenges, which can all be alleviated with continual physical fitness.
Comprehensive Fitness Routine for Seniors
We understand not every resident has the same passion for fitness. However, we offer fitness-focused programs and active indoor and outdoor games and activities that will keep you moving. Sometimes staying active is simply about finding the time to swim a few laps in our beautiful pool or getting together with friends at the pickleball court. Discover what staying active means to you. Learn more about the types of physical activities available at Larkspur at Creekside, including the following:
- Chair Yoga
- Pickleball Court
- Community Garden
- Bocce Ball
How to Build a Balanced Fitness Program
Whether you've been passionate about fitness your entire life or your fitness journey begins today, you can trust our instructors to put you in the best position to succeed. We offer a wide range of programs specifically curated to meet your needs based on various factors, including your fitness level and ability. Our knowledgeable and active instructors can help you choose the right program. A well-balanced program will help you achieve your fitness goals. Your balanced fitness program should include the following:
- Strength and Power – Adding muscle mass through resistance training also improves your body's balance and increases speed and reflexes.
- Balance – Improving your balance will help mitigate slip and fall risks. Activities such as yoga and chair yoga will help.
- Cardio – Get your heart pumping by using large muscle groups in rhythmic motions. Routine cardio can improve heart health and help with weight loss. Walking, jogging, dancing, and swimming are some easy cardio workouts.
- Flexibility – For better freedom of motion, working your joints and tendons can significantly improve your mobility and help in your day-to-day living. Yoga is one of the easiest ways to improve flexibility over time.
Enjoy an Active Lifestyle at Larkspur at Creekside
Larkspur at Creekside is New Braunfels, TX's premier retirement community. We offer spacious one- and two-bedroom apartments and resort-like amenities for our members. Our senior fitness center is ideal for those interested in physical fitness during retirement. We offer a wide range of high-end equipment in a spacious and comfortable setting. You can also take advantage of the community's numerous activities and games. Now is the best day to start your fitness journey, and our caring and insightful team can help you achieve your goals. Speak to us today to schedule your in-person walkthrough.